Monday, July 5, 2010

Read The Fine Print

I don't normally dispense advice but today I will.
My sister received her end of year exam results from college today.She did brilliantly scoring in excess of 90 in almost every module.Hooraaay for her. Thrilled with this news she decided to finally clean out her car spurred on by the knowledge that she was returning to her studies next year.She scrubbed,rubbed hoovered polished and hosed for hours.Then she received a text.It went something like this
Are you free in September , you'll never believe it.I've just won a trip to New York on 2FM answering a question on Sex and the City,It's for me and 3 friends , 2 weeks all inc.films,limos,dresses etc with 5000 spending money.Flights leave from Dublin 20th September ,so let me know if you are free
Almost unable to move for excitement my sister finally made it down the driveway into the house.Her shaking alerted my mother to the commotion .
Jesus this is the best day of my life.I passed my exams,I fitted into a size 8 dress It will mean missing a few days of college but it's New York.I can't believe it,Jesus (at this point her squeeling had reached a pitch only Daisy the neighbors Bichon Frise could hear) "It must be some kind of joke" my mum replied "read the text again" .My sister obliged and quickly told the sender that Yes she was available and OMG.
And here is where you learn the lesson.Always ALWAYS read the fine print.
Moments later the familiar beep beep sounded.

You have 1 new message
OK
Open
....and it read
Oh No,I feel so bad.It was a joke re-read the text lol

In her excitement my sister neglected to read the entire text

Are you free in September , you'll never believe it.I've just won a trip to New York on 2FM answering a question on Sex and the City,It's for me and 3 friends , 2 weeks all inc.films,limos,dresses etc with 5000 spending money.Flights leave from Dublin 20th September ,so let me know if you are free .....I need someone to take the wheelie bin out .






No comments:

Post a Comment